Ok, so it’s actually two questions, but they go hand in hand. From Paul Hein at Strike the Root:
1. If governmental action is NOT in accord with the Constitution, is the government legitimate?
2. If a government is not legitimate, can it command your obedience?
My answers? “No” and “only by force.”
Latest posts by Michael Boldin (see all)
- Getting it Wrong: James Madison’s 1830 Letter on Nullification - October 18, 2017
- A One-Track Mind: Most Lawyers on Nullification - October 14, 2017
- “Few and Defined,” not “Anything and Everything.” - October 9, 2017