Ok, so it’s actually two questions, but they go hand in hand. From Paul Hein at Strike the Root:
1. If governmental action is NOT in accord with the Constitution, is the government legitimate?
2. If a government is not legitimate, can it command your obedience?
My answers? “No” and “only by force.”
Latest posts by Michael Boldin (see all)
- James Madison on the General Welfare Clause - August 19, 2014
- Thomas Jefferson on the General Welfare Clause - August 14, 2014
- James Madison: Speaking on the Bill of Rights and the 9th Amendment - August 13, 2014