On June 23, 2009, Tennessee House Joint Resolution 108, the State Sovereignty Resolution, was signed by Governor Phil Bredesen. The Resolution created a committee which has as its charge to:
- Communicate the resolution to the legislatures of the several states,
- Assure them that this State continues in the same esteem of their friendship,
- Call for a joint working group between the states to enumerate the abuses of authority by the federal government, and
- Seek repeal of the assumption of powers and the imposed mandates.
According to a report this week in the Commercial Appeal, the committee approved the letter, and it “will be mailed soon from the Tennessee legislature to all 49 other state legislatures declaring the federal government is abusing its constitutional authority.”
“The ultimate goal of this effort is hopefully to turn back the tide here. We’re heading headlong into nationalism,” said Rep. Susan Lynn, R-Mt. Juliet, chairman of the committee.
Well-said, Rep Lynn!
Latest posts by Michael Boldin (see all)
- Top-10 Cities for Tenth Amendment Center Supporters - September 30, 2014
- Behind the Scenes: Setting up Shop for our Latest Video - September 29, 2014
- On the Constitution and War: The Left and Right are Both Hypocrites - September 24, 2014