On April 22, 2010 the people of Arizona re-asserted their sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment.
Even though they have already passed legislation to nullify a number of unconstitutional federal laws, the legislature of Arizona felt that it was necessary and proper to serve notice and demand to the federal government to immediately cease and desist mandates that are beyond the scope of powers delegated to the federal government.
Truth be told, this resolution would have been passed last year had the budget crisis not taken up so much of the legislature’s time.
For those who are unfamiliar with the final amendment added to our country’s Bill Of Rights, it reads:
“The Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution reads as follows: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
And for Arizonans who have suffered under the weight of federal tyranny for too long, the provisions of this resolution come as good news!
1. Claims sovereignty for the State of Arizona under the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government or reserved to the people by the Constitution.
2. Serves notice and demand to the federal government to immediately cease and desist mandates that are beyond the scope of powers delegated to the federal government.
3. Urges the prohibition or repeal of all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding.
4. Requires the Arizona Secretary of State to transmit copies of this resolution to the President of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate of each state’s legislature and each member of Congress from the State of Arizona.
So it begins…
cross-posted from the Arizona Tenth Amendment Center
Latest posts by Derek Sheriff (see all)
- Answering Objections to Nullification - May 20, 2011
- He’s Not Your Commander In Chief, Dennis Miller! - March 24, 2011
- Meet the Founding Fathers of Constitutional Subversion - March 21, 2011