Senate Bill 250 (SB0250), the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act, was introduced by Tennessee State Senator Mae Beavers to stop federal gun restrictions within the State. It would nullify federal attempts to “ban, regulate, or restrict…ownership, transfer, possession, or manufacture of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition” within the State of Tennessee.
The bill has been scheduled for a public hearing and potential vote in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, 02-19-13. (3pm, tentatively) Your support and action is needed right now to help move this legislation forward.
A phone call will hold a much higher value than an email. But take whatever action you’re able to. Or do both – CALL and EMAIL. It’s a good step to make calls over the weekend as well. Leave a message so their offices know first thing on Monday AM that a large number of people support SB0250. In your voicemail, make sure to ask that they call you back so that you can speak to the congressman or staff directly.
1. Please Contact the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee
Senator Kelsey: (615) 741-3036 or email: email@example.com
Politely thank him for scheduling the hearing and allowing the bill to be debated and voted upon. Encourage him to vote YES on SB0250 to move it to a full debate in the Tennessee Senate.
2. Please Contact the rest of the members of the Judiciary Committee
Strongly, but respectfully, let each of them know that you want them to vote YES on SB0250. You want them to allow the full State Senate to be able to debate the merits of this bill. You want them to have the courage to stand up for the Constitution. Remind them that they swore an oath, and it’s their duty to stand help you preserve your right to keep and bear arms.
Sen. Doug Overbey
(615) 741-0981, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. Stacey Campfield
(615) 741-1766, email@example.com
Sen. Mike Bell
(615) 741-1946, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. Lowe Finney
(615) 741-1810, email@example.com
Sen. Ophelia Ford
(615) 741-1767, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. Todd Gardenhire
(615) 741-6682, email@example.com
Sen. Mark Green
(615) 741-2374, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen. John Stevens
615) 741-4576, email@example.com
3. Attend the public hearing.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013. (3pm Central, Tenatively)
Be prepared to attend the committee meeting to show your support for the bill if you are in the Nashville area, or even to take off work and travel to Nashville to be present. We need a strong showing at this committee meeting.
4. Report back with any responses or personal feedback you receive.
Post in the comments section below. Or if you’re part of the TN 2nd Amendment Group on Facebook, share in detail there. http://www.facebook.com/groups/2ndAmendmentTennessee/
ADDITIONAL READING AND RESEARCH
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Constitutional Ignorance and Dereliction on the 2nd Amendment - July 2, 2015
- Oklahoma House Passes Bill to Effectively Nullify All Sides on Marriage, 67-24 - March 16, 2015
- Obama’s ISIS AUMF: Codifying “Mission Creep” - February 11, 2015