COLUMBIA, S.C. (March 19, 2013) – On Tuesday, South Carolina moved a step closer to refusing cooperation with Obamacare, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
The House Judiciary Committee’s Constitutional Law Subcommittee recommended approval of H3101, with one amendment.
The bill, sponsored by Rep. William M. “Bill” Chumley, forbids any state or federal compliance with PPCACA provisions. However, it was amended to remove criminal penalties for federal officers who attempt to implement, or enforce Obamacare within South Carolina.
Tenth Amendment Center communications director Mike Maharrey praised the South Carolina House Judiciary subcommittee for the bill’s favorable recommendation, noting the power of state non-compliance.
“The feds depend on state agencies and resources to do pretty much everything. Just look at the so-called ‘war on drugs.’ You rarely, if ever, see a report about a federal drug bust that doesn’t say something like, ‘The DEA, in cooperation with state and local authorities…’ If enough states step up and simply refuse to cooperate with federal kidnapping, it will definitely throw up significant impediments and obstacles in their way.”
The bill will now move on to the House Judiciary Committee for consideration.
1. Contact your state representative. If you live in South Carolina, it’s not too early to contact your representative. Strongly, but respectfully, urge him or her to support H3101. You can find House Judiciary Committee contact information HERE
2. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the Freedom of Healthcare Protection Act to your city county, your school board, town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action present a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against the destruction of healthcare services in South Carolina
Model legislation here:
3. Get connected to what is happening in your state on Facebook
Like and get active on the South Carolina Tenth Amendment Center page. Also join the Nullify Obamacare group on facebook here:
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
BACKGROUND ARTICLES AND INFORMATION ON HEATH CARE FREEDOM AND THE PPACA
Latest posts by Scott Martin (see all)
- Is it Nullification, or isn’t it? - January 23, 2014
- FreedomWorks Backs Obamacare Nullification - January 22, 2014
- South Carolina Obamacare Nullification Efforts Get Noticed - November 20, 2013