Michigan Senate Bill 63, the Freedom Firearms Act, is “a bill to create the Michigan firearms freedom act; to make certain findings regarding intrastate commerce; to prohibit federal regulation of firearms, firearms accessories, and ammunition involved purely in intrastate commerce in this state; to provide for certain exceptions to federal regulation; and to establish certain manufacturing requirements.”
By nullifying unconstitutional federal powers under the interstate commerce clause, SB63 not only will help protect your right to keep and bear arms, but will serve as a welcome mat for firearms manufacturers to move to the state. At a time of economic troubles, this is a great jobs bill.
SB63 has moved out of Committee, and is heading to the Senate Committee of the Whole. This is not the final vote. SB63 needs your help to move forward for the third and final vote on the Senate floor.
1. Contact your state senator. Strongly, but respectfully, urge him or her to vote YES on SB63.
Find your State Senator here.
2. Connect with us on Social Media. Join the 2nd Amendment group for Michigan and get involved in the grassroots effort to pass this bill! http://www.facebook.com/groups/2ndAmendmentMichigan/
3.. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Present the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act to your city county, your town council, or your county commissioners. Various local governments around the country are already passing similar resolutions and ordinances. Local legislative action present a great way to strengthen a statewide campaign against 2nd Amendment violations
model legislation here:
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- California Governor Vetoes ‘Right to Try’ Act - October 12, 2015
- No, America, You Don’t Need to Comply with the REAL ID Act - September 24, 2015
- Doomsayers Doomed in Washington State Marijuana Debate - August 12, 2015