In Minnesota, both houses have bills introduced that would nullify warrantless drone spying in the state of Minnesota. Both SF485 and HF612 have been sitting in committee since February. These bills need your help to move forward or they will die in committee.
Please contact the chairman of each of the committees and politely request that they schedule this bill for a vote. Also contact all the other committee members and strongly, but respectfully request vote YES on the specific bill.
Action Items for SF485.
1. Contact the Chairman of the Judicial Committee
Ron Latz 651-297-8065
2. Contact the members of the Judiciary Committee
Barb Goodwin 651-296-4334
Warren Limmer 651-296-2159 firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Chohen 651-296-5931
Kari Dziedzic 651-296-7809
Dan Hall 651-296-5975 email@example.com
Julianne Ortman 651-296-4837
Kathy Sheran 651-296-6153 firstname.lastname@example.org
Action Items for HF612
1. Contact the Chairman of the Public Finance and Policy Committee
Michael Paymar 651-296-4199 email@example.com
2. Contact the members of the Public Finance and Policy Committee
Paul Rosenthal 651-296-7803 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony Cornish 651-296-4240 email@example.com
Brian Johnson 651-296-4346 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Kelly 651-296-8635 email@example.com
Andrea Kieffer 651-296-1147 firstname.lastname@example.org
John Lesch 651-296-4224 email@example.com
Kathy Lohmer 651-296-4244 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Mullery 651-296-4262 email@example.com
Jim Newberger 651-296-2451 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Shavick 651-296-8216 email@example.com
Dan Shoen 651-296-4342 firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Simon 651-296-9889 email@example.com
Erik Simonson 651-296-4246 firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Slocum 651-296-7158 email@example.com
Mark Uglem 651-296-5513 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Ward 651-296-4333 email@example.com
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Using model legislation from the Tenth Amendment Center, you can introduce legislation to nullify Drones in your city, town, and county with the Privacy Protection Act .
Model legislation here: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/legislation/privacy-protection-act/
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
ADDITIONAL BILL INFORMATION
Both SF485 and HF612 Creates the Freedom from Drone Surveillance Act.
SF485 and HF612 are identical. These bills prevent the use of drones for surveillance without a warrant, and prevent the use of evidence gathered by drones in criminal prosecutions.
The primary engine behind the expansion of drone surveillance being carried out by states and local communities is the Federal government itself. Department of Homeland Security issues large grants to local governments so that those agencies can purchase drones. Those grants, in and of themselves, are an unconstitutional expansion of power.
The goal? Fund a network of drones around the country and put the operational burden on the states. Once the create a web over the whole country, DHS steps in with requests for ‘information sharing,'” he said. “Bills like these put a dent in this kind of long-term strategy. Without the states and local communities operating the drones today, it’s going to be nearly impossible for DHS plans to – take off.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Elite Contempt for Ordinary Americans - November 26, 2014
- Illegal “No Child” Waivers Should Raise Much Louder Alarms - November 20, 2014
- Judge Napolitano: Orwellian ‘Net Neutrality’ Anything But Neutral - November 18, 2014