New York Assembly Bill 6244, Protection Against Unwarranted Surveillance, is a bill to nullify warrantless drone spying. It just passed out of committee and needs your help to move forward in the full State Assembly.
A6244 reads, in part: “no person or entity acting under color of the authority of any state, county, municipal or local governmental entity or authority, or acting on behalf of any such entity or authority, shall use, operate, engage or employ an unmanned aerial vehicle as defined in this section to gather evidence or other information related to a criminal investigation, criminal case, or conduct in violation of regulation except when authorized under a warrant issued by a court of record or justified by lawful exception to the warrant requirement.”
Please take the following steps to help advance this important legislation!
1. Contact your representative in the State Assembly. Strongly, but respectfully, let him or her know that you want a YES vote on AB06244.
contact info here:
2. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Using model legislation from the Tenth Amendment Center, you can introduce legislation to nullify Drones in your city, town, and county with the Privacy Protection Act .
Model legislation here: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/legislation/privacy-protection-act/
3. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Doomsayers Doomed in Washington State Marijuana Debate - August 12, 2015
- The Federal Reserve’s War on Drugs - August 7, 2015
- The Declaration of Independence and Constitutional Interpretation - July 28, 2015