Pennsylvania House Bill 961 is a bill to nullify warrantless drone spying, wiretapping, and electronic surveillance. This bill is currently in the Judiciary Committee and needs your action to help it move forward.
HB961 requires that a judge sign an order for the use of a drone for surveillance purposes during a criminal investigation or unless prior consent was given. See Chapter 57 Title 18 Subchapter 5704 Section 4 for current Pennsylvania wiretapping law.
Call and email members of this committee to get this bill moving. The first step to move this bill forward is to urge the Chairman to schedule a hearing for HB961. Contact members of the committee to not only urge the chairman also, but to vote YES on HB961.
Action Items for HB961.
1. Contact the Committee Chairman. Politely ask him to schedule HB961 for public hearing and vote.
Ron Marisco (717) 783-2014
2. Contact the other members of the Judiciary Committee. Strongly, but respectfully, urge each of them to vote YES on HB2710.
Thomas R. Caltagirone, (717) 787-3525
Todd Stephens (215) 368-5165
Bryan Cutler (717) 783-6424
Glen R. Grell (717) 783-2063
Timothy Krieger (717) 260-6146
Sheryl M. Delozier (717) 783-5282
Brian L. Ellis (717) 787-7686
Joseph T. Hackett (717) 260-6168
Mark K. Keller (717) 783-1593
Bernie O’Neill (717) 705-7170
Mike Regan (717) 783-8783
Todd Rock (717) 783-5218
Rick Saccone (717) 260-6122
Marcy Toepel (717) 787-9501
Tarah Toohil (717) 260-6136
Deberah Kula (717) 772-1858
Matthew D. Bradford (717) 772-2572
John P. Sabatina Jr. (717) 772-4032
Jesse White (717) 783-6437
Bryan Barbin (717) 783-1491
Vanessa Lowery Brown (717) 783-3822
Dom Costa (717) 783-9114
Madeleine Dean (717) 783-7619
Brandon P. Neuman (717) 783-4834
If you prefer email, find contact info at this link:
3. Encourage your local community to take action as well. Using model legislation from the Tenth Amendment Center, you can introduce legislation to nullify Drones in your city, town, and county with the Privacy Protection Act .
Model legislation here: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/legislation/privacy-protection-act/
4. Share this information widely. Please pass this along to your friends and family. Also share it with any and all grassroots groups you’re in contact with around the state. Please encourage them to email this information to their members and supporters.
5. Like us on Facebook. Click here to join the Pennsylvania Tenth Amendment Center. Keep up to date with all nullification bills going through the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
While the state Privacy Protection Act applies to state and local law enforcement, and not federal drone us, it’s still a strong step forward to protect against federal plans for drone spying around the country. At this stage in the ‘drone game,’ the feds are relying almost solely to get states and local communities to start drone programs. Federal agencies are working hard behind the scenes to get states to operate the drones for them.
In fact, the primary engine behind the expansion of drone surveillance being carried out by states and local communities is the Federal government itself. Department of Homeland Security issues large grants to local governments so that those agencies can purchase drones. Those grants, in and of themselves, are an unconstitutional expansion of power.
In fact, this has been as much as confirmed by a drone industry lobbyist who testified in opposition to a similar bill in Washington State, saying that such restrictions would be extremely destructive to the drone market and industry.
The goal? Fund a network of drones around the country and put the operational burden on the states. Once the create a web over the whole country, DHS steps in with requests for ‘information sharing.’ Bills like these put a dent in this kind of long-term strategy. Without the states and local communities operating the drones today, it’s going to be nearly impossible for DHS plans to – take off.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- Promised ‘New Foreign Policy’ Must Abandon Regime Change for Iran - December 5, 2016
- Immigration: The Left Again Embraces Nullification of Federal Laws - November 28, 2016
- Defense Spending Must Be For Actual Defense - November 17, 2016