STATUS – Referred to the Education Committee where it will need to pass by majority vote before the full Senate can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Mississippi you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Gray Tollison. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bipartisan bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB2736. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Nancy Adams Collins (R) Vice Chair (601)359-2395
David Blount (D) (601)359-3232
Terry C. Burton (R) (601)683-7050
Videt Carmichael (R) (601)693-2750
Steve Hale (D) (662)562-5948
Angela Burks Hill (R) (601)798-3195
W. Briggs Hopson III (R) (601)359-3237
Russell Jolly (D) (662)456-3118
David Jordan (D) (662)453-5361
Chris Massey (R) (901)550-0334
John A. Polk (R) (601)467-5117
Tony Smith (R) (601)569-0691
Brice Wiggins (R) (228)696-9545
J. P. Wilemon, Jr. (D) (662)454-7585
3. Call Back every 3-4 days – any NO or UNDECIDED – Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB2736. It is essential that Mississippi resists Common Core and its federalization of the education system. Passing SB2736 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- In Effect Today: New Hampshire Law Broadening Medical Marijuana Program, Further Nullifying Federal Prohibition - September 4, 2015
- On Education, Majority Supports Federalism, Rejects National Control - September 1, 2015
- Rubio and Walker Support Another Version of Obamacare. It’s up to the States to Bring it Down. - September 1, 2015