STATUS – Referred to Judiciary Committee where it will need to pass by majority vote before the full Senate can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Nebraska you live, take these actions today.
Call the Senate Judiciary Committee Chair, Brad Ashford. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. It is important to call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the Judiciary committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on LB1001 . If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Sen. Ernie Chambers (I) (402) 471-2612
Sen. Mark Christensen (R) (402) 471-2805
Sen. Colby Coash (R) (402) 471-2632
Sen. Al Davis (I) (402) 471-2628
Sen. Steve Lathrop (D) (402) 471-2623
Sen. Amanda McGill (D) (402) 471-2610
Sen. Les Seiler (I) (402) 471-2712
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for LB1001. It is essential for the economic well-being of NE citizens for industrial hemp cultivation to be legalized. Passing LB1001 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Darkness in the Sunshine State: Florida Legislature Helps Feds Keep Status Quo - August 23, 2016
- A Disgrace in the Sooner State: 21 Nullification Bills Killed in Republican-Dominated Oklahoma - August 15, 2016
- Republican-Dominated Alabama Legislature Helped Preserve Status Quo in 2016 - August 11, 2016