HB2394 is a bill in the Kansas house which would put severe restrictions on the use of drones within the state.
STATUS – HB2394 is in the House committee of Corrections and Juvenile Justice. It will require a majority vote in this committee before the full house can consider it.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB2394
1. Please CALL and EMAIL the chair, the vice-chair and ranking minority member of the House Corrections committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to to schedule a hearing and PASS HB2394 so it can get a vote in the full House.
Chair: John Rubin: 785 296-7690; email@example.com
Vice Chair: Ramon Gonzalez: 785 296-7500; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ranking minority member: Janus Pauls 785 296-7657; email@example.com
2. Please CALL and EMAIL all other members of the House Corrections committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to PASS HB2394 so it can get a vote in the full House.
Steven Anthimides: 785-296-3971; firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven Becker 785 296-7196; email@example.com
Rob Bruchman 785 296-7644; firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Campbell 785 296-7632; email@example.com
Blaine Finch 785 296-7655; firstname.lastname@example.org
Gail Finney 785 296-7648; email@example.com
Brett Hildabrand, :785 296-7659; firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Meier 785 296-7650; email@example.com
Tom Moxley 785 296-7689; firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Post a comment below or reach us through our feedback forum to let us know any information you receive.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 27, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB2394. It is essential to take measures to protect the privacy rights of Kansas residents. Passing HB2394 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Kelli Sladick (see all)
- Asset Forfeiture: Legalized Theft Funding the Police State - October 30, 2014
- Knowledge is Power: Cheat Sheet of Federal Surveillance Laws and Orders - October 9, 2014
- Jerry Brown Supports Surveillance without Warrant, Vetoes Bill Aimed at Drones - September 29, 2014