HB2394 is a bill in the Kansas house which would put severe restrictions on the use of drones within the state.
STATUS – HB2394 is in the House committee of Corrections and Juvenile Justice. It will require a majority vote in this committee before the full house can consider it.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB2394
1. Please CALL and EMAIL the chair, the vice-chair and ranking minority member of the House Corrections committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to to schedule a hearing and PASS HB2394 so it can get a vote in the full House.
Chair: John Rubin: 785 296-7690; firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chair: Ramon Gonzalez: 785 296-7500; email@example.com
Ranking minority member: Janus Pauls 785 296-7657; firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please CALL and EMAIL all other members of the House Corrections committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to PASS HB2394 so it can get a vote in the full House.
Steven Anthimides: 785-296-3971; email@example.com
Steven Becker 785 296-7196; firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Bruchman 785 296-7644; email@example.com
Larry Campbell 785 296-7632; firstname.lastname@example.org
Blaine Finch 785 296-7655; email@example.com
Gail Finney 785 296-7648; firstname.lastname@example.org
Brett Hildabrand, :785 296-7659; email@example.com
Melanie Meier 785 296-7650; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Moxley 785 296-7689; email@example.com
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Post a comment below or reach us through our feedback forum to let us know any information you receive.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 27, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB2394. It is essential to take measures to protect the privacy rights of Kansas residents. Passing HB2394 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Kelli Sladick (see all)
- MonsterMind: A Sinister Revelation of CISA - August 26, 2014
- Federal Programs Turning Local Police Into Warrior-Cops - August 26, 2014
- Don’t Trust Congress to Protect the 4th Amendment - August 12, 2014