On January 6, SB 1252 was prefiled by Sen. Nathan Dahm. This bill would big steps forward to protect Oklahoma residents from unwarranted surveillance (learn about it here).
When the state legislative session starts in February, the bill will first be assigned to a committee where it will have to pass by majority vote before going to the full state senate for approval.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Oklahoma you live, take these actions today.
1. Call your State Senator. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Senator to support and co-sponsor SB1252. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important that you call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your State Senator’s contact information by clicking HERE
2. Call your State Representative. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Rep. to support and co-sponsor a companion bill to SB1252 . If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important that you call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your State Rep’s contact information by clicking HERE
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you get.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— Nullify NSA (@NullifyNSA) January 20, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB1252. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Oklahoma no longer help the federal government spy on all of us. Passing SB1252 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Tennessee Bill Would Effectively Nullify Some FDA Restrictions, Help Terminally Ill - January 31, 2015
- Mississippi Action Alert: Help Stop NSA Spying, Support SB2753 - January 31, 2015
- Vermont Action Alert: Help Stop Drone Surveillance, Support S.18 - January 29, 2015