Representative Carl Seel (R) on January 16th, 2014, introduced HCR2007, HCR2008 and HCR2009. They are all legislative proposals to amend the state constitution by popular vote. Together these referendums will give the Arizona voters the chance to vote on the Health Care Cost Containment System. HCR2007 would ban the state from operating a health exchange for the federal government. HCR2008 and HCR2009 would prohibit the expansion on the definition of an ‘eligible person’ for health care purposes (Medicaid expansion) and prohibit the use of state general fund monies for the health care of childless adults, respectively. HCR2008 also requires that the state budget committee must certify that the expansion of the health care program will be budget neutral for the next 20 years. These Arizona constitutional amendments would make it impossible for Arizona to pay for the costs of Medicaid expansion mandated by ObamaCare, thus pushing the cost of enforcement onto the federal government. (read more about the bills here)
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW to make sure the legislation has the support it needs to move forward.
1. Call your State Representative. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Rep. to support and co-sponsor HCR2007, 2008 and 2009. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important that you call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your legislator’s contact information by clicking HERE
2. Call your State Senator. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Senator to support and co-sponsor http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2014/01/arizona-introduces-bills-to-stop-obamacare-implementation/. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important that you call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your senator’s contact information by clicking HERE
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you get.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 23, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HCR2007, 2008 and 2009. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Arizona no longer help the federal government carry out the Affordable Care Act. Passing HCR2007, 2008 and 2009 will start that process.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- California Governor Vetoes ‘Right to Try’ Act - October 12, 2015
- No, America, You Don’t Need to Comply with the REAL ID Act - September 24, 2015
- Doomsayers Doomed in Washington State Marijuana Debate - August 12, 2015