On January 14, 2014, HB732 The Georgia 2nd Amendment Preservation Act was introduced by Rep. Kirby and five co-sponsors. (learn about it here) It was promptly referred to the House Judiciary committee where it will need to pass by majority vote before the full House can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Georgia you live take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Wendell Willard. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB732. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Willard, Wendell (R) Chairman 404.656.5125
Fleming, Barry (R) Vice Chairman 404.656.0152
Allison, Stephen (R) Secretary 404.656.0188
Bruce, Roger (D) 404.656.0314
Caldwell, Jr., Johnnie (R) 404.656.0325
Evans, Stacey (D) 404.656.6372
Jacobs, Mike (R) 404.656.5116
Jones, LaDawn (D) 404.656.7859
Kelley, Trey (R) 404.656.0287
Lindsey, Edward (R) 404.656.0177
Mabra, Ronnie (D) 404.656.7859
O`Neal, Larry (R) 404.656.5052
Oliver, Mary Margaret (D) 404.463.2634
Powell, Jay (R) 404.656.7855
Rutledge, Dale (R) 404.656.0109
Stephenson, Pam (D) 404.656.0126
Welch, Andrew J. (R) 404.656.0109
Weldon, Tom (R) 404.656.0213
Golick, Rich (R) Ex-Officio 404.656.5943
Wilkinson, Joe (R) Ex-Officio 404.463.8143
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you get.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 20, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB732. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Georgia no longer help the federal government carry out their gun control measures. Passing HB732 will start that process.
Latest posts by TAC Daily Updates (see all)
- A Republic can “Fleece its Citizens” Just as Well as a Monarchy - October 14, 2014
- Liberty, not Government, is the Key to Containing Ebola - October 14, 2014
- Thomas Jefferson on the Military Draft: “The last of all oppressions” - October 9, 2014