On January 8, SB622 was introduced to protect Missouri citizens from the indefinite detention provisions of the NDAA (learn about it here). It was promptly referred to the General Laws Committee where it will need to pass by majority vote before the full Senate can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Missouri you live, take these actions today.
1. Call these committee members. Be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB622. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Rob Schaaf (R) Vice Chair (573) 751-2183
Doug Libla (R) (573) 751-4843
Gary Romine (R) (573) 751-4008
Ryan Silvey (R) (573) 751-5282
Jason Holsman (D) (573) 751-6607
Jamilah Nasheed (D) (573) 751-4415
2. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
3. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 27, 2014
4. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB622. It is essential that Missouri takes a stand against the indefinite detention provisions of the NDAA. Passing SB622 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Wisconsin Legislator Plans to Introduce Raw Milk Bill for 2016 - November 24, 2015
- New Hampshire Committee Approves Bill to Curb “Policing for Profit” via Asset Forfeiture, Federal Loophole Remains - November 17, 2015
- Massachusetts Bill to Facilitate the Production and Distribution of Raw Milk Receives Committee Hearing - November 11, 2015