H3101, introduced in the South Carolina State House of Representatives last year, is a bill that would ban the state from implementing major provisions of the Affordable Care Act. It passed the state house by a wide margin in 2013, and Sen. Tom Davis is preparing an amendment to the bill to strengthen it a great deal. Judge Andrew Napolitano reported on the Davis amendment to the bill recently, saying that if it were done in multiple states, it would effectively “gut Obamacare.”
STATUS – H3101 is fast-tracked and could have a Senate vote as early as 01-28-14.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in South Carolina you live, take these actions today.
1. Call your State Senator. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Senator to vote YES on H3101. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in another day. It is important that you call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email, especially as the bill could be moving quickly.
You can find your legislator’s contact information by clicking HERE.
2. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 1 day. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
3. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 27, 2014
4. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for H3101. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that South Carolina no longer help the federal government spy on all of us. Passing H3101 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Common Core Revolt Shows that Bottom-Up Change is Effective - October 29, 2014
- Viral Video Explains Prop. 122 and State Sovereignty to Arizona Voters - October 28, 2014
- Federal Supremacy vs State Sovereignty: The Debate Heats Up for AZ Prop 122! - October 24, 2014