On June 12, 2013 Ohio Representative Rex Damschroder introduced HB207 to protect Ohio citizens from unwarranted drone surveillance (learn about it here). It was promptly referred to the Transportation, Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee, where Rep. Damschroder himself is the Chairman, and it will need to pass by majority vote before the full House can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Ohio you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Rex Damschroder. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB207. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
- Margaret Ann Ruhl (R) Vice Chair (614) 466-1431
- Dale Mallory (D) Ranking Minority Member (614) 466-1645
- John Becker (R) *Cosponsor* (614) 466-8134
- Nicholas Celebrezze (D) (614) 466-3485
- Anthony DeVitis (R) (614) 466-1790
- Doug Green (R) (614) 644-6034
- Robert Hagan (D) (614) 466-9435
- Terry Johnson (R) (614) 466-2124
- Ross McGregor (R) (614) 466-2038
- Zach Milkovich (D) (614) 644-6037
- Bill Patmon (D) (614) 466-7954
- Rick Perales (R) (614) 644-6020
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 27, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB207. It is essential to take measures to protect the privacy rights of OH residents. Passing HB207 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Scott Landreth (see all)
- The 2nd Amendment is your gun permit? I think not! - May 16, 2014
- Ohio House Votes to Condemn Indefinite Detention; 94 – 2 - March 18, 2014
- Kentucky Action Alert: Help Stop Obamacare! - March 1, 2014