Last year, HB 91 or the “Obamacare Kill Bill” as it was called by its sponsors was introduced to punish insurance companies that take federal subsidies (learn about it here). It was referred to the House Health and Aging Committee where it has laid dormant for almost an entire year. It will need to pass by majority vote in that committee before the full Senate can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. We cannot wait another year while our health care freedom is destroyed. We must not tolerate this inaction in the new legislative year. It doesn’t matter where in Ohio you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Lynn R. Wachtmann. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB 91. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Anne Gonzales (R) Vice Chair (614) 466-4847
Nickie J. Antonio (D) (614) 466-5921
John Barnes, Jr.(D) (614) 466-1408
Heather Bishoff (D) (614) 644-6002
Tim W. Brown (R) (614) 466-8104
John Carney (D) (614) 466-2473
Robert F. Hagan (D) (614) 466-9435
Brian Hill (R) (614) 644-6014
Jay Hottinger (R) (614) 466-1482
Terry Johnson (R) (614) 466-2124
Matt Lynch (R) (614) 644-5088
Ron Maag (R) (614) 644-6023
Dale Mallory (D) (614) 466-1645
Dan Ramos (D) (614) 466-5141
Kirk Schuring (R) (614) 752-2438
Barbara R. Sears (R) (614) 466-1731
Ryan Smith (R) (614) 466-1366
Robert Sprague (R) (614) 466-3819
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you get.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 18, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB91. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Ohio no longer help the federal government carry out the Affordable Care Act. Passing HB91 will start that process.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Vermont Action Alert: Help Stop Drone Surveillance, Support S.18 - January 29, 2015
- Alaska Action Alert: Help Legalize Industrial Hemp, Nullify Federal Ban. Support SB8 - January 29, 2015
- Oklahoma Bill Would Ban NSA Activity Called the “Biggest Threat Since the Civil War” - January 28, 2015