STATUS – referred to Senate Education Committee, then Rules committee. It will need to pass each by a majority vote before the full Senate can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Oklahoma you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, John W. Ford. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bipartisan bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB1146. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Gary Stanislawski (R) Vice Chair (405) 521.5624
Josh Brecheen (R) (405) 521-5586
Earl Garrison (D) (405) 521-5533
Jim Halligan (R) (405) 521-5572
David Holt (R) (405) 521-5636
Clark Jolley (R) (405) 521-5622
Susan G. Paddack (D) (405) 521-5541
Wayne Shaw (R) (405) 521-5574
Ralph Shortey (R) (405) 521-5557
John Sparks (D) (405) 521-5553
Ron Sharp (R) (405) 521-5539
3. Call Back every 3-4 days – any NO or UNDECIDED – Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB1146. It is essential that Oklahoma resists Common Core and its federalization of the education system. Passing SB1146 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- New Hampshire House Approves Bill to Decriminalize Simple Marijuana Possession - May 13, 2016
- Massachusetts Anti-Common Core Activists Fight to Put the Issue on the Ballot in November - May 10, 2016
- North Carolina Bill Would Legalize Medical Marijuana; Create Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - April 29, 2016