Last year, the South Carolina Freedom of Health Care Protection Act was introduced, H.3101 and passed by a 65-34 margin in the State House in 2013.
This year, Sen. Tom Davis is introducing a “strike and replace” amendment to insert new, stronger text into the bill. The legislation will ban the state from participating in the implementation of the federal act, including the receipt of grant funds which make it possible. As Judge Andrew Napolitano has said, doing this in a number of states will “gut Obamacare,” making it virtually impossible to be implemented.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. H3101 is being fast-tracked to a floor vote in the Senate.
1. Call your State Senator. Be strong, but respectful. Urge him or her to vote YES on H.3101. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days. It is important that you call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your State Senator’s contact information by clicking HERE
2. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you get.
3. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 18, 2014
4. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for H3101. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that South Carolina no longer help the federal government carry out the Affordable Care Act. Passing H3101 will start that process.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Rhode Island Bill Would Legalize Recreational Marijuana, Nullify Federal Prohibition - February 23, 2017
- Vermont Senate Passes Bill to Expand Medical Marijuana Program, Further Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - February 21, 2017
- Missouri Bill Would Legalize Medical Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - February 17, 2017