HB1888, the Hemp Freedom Act for Washington State, is on the move and needs your help to pass into law!
STATUS: HB1888 was PASSED through the House on Feb. 17 by a 97-0-1 vote.
The bill will now go to the Committee on Agriculture and Water & Rural Economic Development where it will need to pass by a majority before a full senate vote is taken. It is currently scheduled for a hearing on Feb. 24 at 10:00 A.M.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB1888.
1. Call the Senate Agriculture, Water & Rural Economic Development Committee Chair, Brian Hatfield. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bipartisan bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB1888. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1888. It is essential to the economic well-being of WA citizens for the unconstitutional federal ban on industrial hemp to be nullified. Passing HB1888 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Missouri Bill Seeks to Effectively Nullify Obama’s Executive Orders - December 19, 2014
- Virginia ‘Right to Try’ Bill Would Nullify Some FDA Rules, Help Terminally Ill - December 17, 2014
- Washington Bill Would Start to Nullify Federal Ban on Hemp Farming - December 16, 2014