HB2538 aims to stop warrant-less gathering, storage and collection of evidence of any type, including audio and video recordings, in the state of Arizona. It would also require that search warrants would have to be specifically outlined for their purposes before being issued. Finally, a class 6 felony would be issued to anyone who violates this law.
STATUS – HB2538 has been assigned to the House Judiciary Committee where it will need to pass by a majority vote before moving on to the next stage.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Arizona you live, take these actions today.
1. Call House Speaker Andy Tobin. Thank him for assigning the bill to a committee.
Representative Andy Tobin (R) – 602-926-5172
3. Call the rest of the committee members. Be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB2538. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days. If you get their voice-mail, leave a message. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Representative Justin Pierce, Vice-Chairman (R) – 602-926-5495
Representative John Allen (R) – 602-926-4916
Representative Albert Hale (D) – 602-926-4323
Representative Lupe Contreras (D) – 602-926-5284
Representative Ethan Orr (R) – 602-926-3235
Representative Doris Goodale (R) – 602-926-5408
Representative Martin Quezada (D) – 602-926-5911
4. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you receive.
5. SHARE this information widely. By Facebook, Twitter, email, and more.
6. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB2538. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Arizona no longer help the federal government enforce its warrant-less drone surveillance. Passing HB2538 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Adam Henriksen (see all)
- Arizona Senate Passes Bill to Authorize Gold and Silver as Legal Tender, 18-12 - February 24, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Help Pass The Strongest NDAA Nullification Bill in the Country - February 22, 2014
- Arizona Action Alert: Call NOW – It’s Do or Die For Anti-drone Bill - February 16, 2014