SB1291 is a bill which takes strong steps towards nullifying “indefinite detention” powers. It has been assigned to the Senate Government and Enviroment Committee for Monday, February 17th at 2:00 p.m. in room SHR3. This is the first committee where the bill will be voted on. It’s crucial that this bill passes in order to continue through the legislative process. Take 5-10 minutes of your day, follow these steps and assist in liberty.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where you live in Arizona, take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Gail Griffin. Be strong, but respectful. Urge her to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB1291
Representative Gail Griffin (R) 602-926-5895
Also, you may want to call and thank the committee members that sponsored this bill.
Senator Judy Burges, Vice-Chairman (R) – 602-926-5861
Senator Chester Crandell (R) – 602-926-5409
Senator Kelli Ward (R) – 602-926-4138
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB1291. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days. If you get their voice-mail, leave a message. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Senator Steve Farley (D) – 602-926-3022
Senator Carlyle Begay (D) – 602-926-5862
Senator Katie Hobbs (D) – 602-926-5325
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 2-3 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us with any information you receive.
4. On Twitter? Retweet!
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) February 6, 2014
5. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB1291. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Arizona no longer help the federal government enforce its warrant-less drone surveillance. Passing SB1291 will make that happen.
6. Report Back. Tell us how your actions went. Click the button below