HB1009, a bill in the Indiana house that would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by law enforcement within the state, was introduced on Jan. 7 by Rep. Eric Allan Koch (R-65). It passed through the house by an 85-11 vote earlier this year and was sent to the senate for further action.
STATUS: HB1009 is now awaiting a full senate vote. If they concur with the house’s decision, the bill goes to the governor’s desk where it can be signed into law.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB1009.
1. Call your State Senator. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Sen. to support HB1009. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important to call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your legislator’s contact information by clicking HERE
2. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
3. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
4. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1009. It is essential for IN citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing HB1009 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Common Core Revolt Shows that Bottom-Up Change is Effective - October 29, 2014
- Viral Video Explains Prop. 122 and State Sovereignty to Arizona Voters - October 28, 2014
- Federal Supremacy vs State Sovereignty: The Debate Heats Up for AZ Prop 122! - October 24, 2014