HB1009, a bill in the Indiana house that would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by law enforcement within the state, was introduced on Jan. 7 by Rep. Eric Allan Koch (R-65). It passed through the house by an 85-11 vote earlier this year and was sent to the senate for further action.
STATUS: HB1009 is now awaiting a full senate vote. If they concur with the house’s decision, the bill goes to the governor’s desk where it can be signed into law.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB1009.
1. Call your State Senator. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Sen. to support HB1009. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important to call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your legislator’s contact information by clicking HERE
2. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
3. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
4. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1009. It is essential for IN citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing HB1009 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Virginia Action Alert: Help Stop NDAA Indefinite Detention, Support HB2144 - January 24, 2015
- South Carolina Action Alert: Help Stop NSA Spying, Support S275 - January 23, 2015
- West Virginia State House Bill Would Nullify Some FDA Regulations, Help Terminally-Ill - January 23, 2015