On February 3, 2014, the Indiana state house gave approval to a bill, which would severely restrict the use of drones within the state. The vote was 85-11.
Introduced by Rep. Eric Allan Koch (R-Bedford), House Bill 1009 (HB1009) “Prohibits the use of unmanned aerial vehicles and tracking devices to conduct warrantless searches,” with very limited exceptions. (read more about it here)
02/03/2014 Referred to the Senate
02/11/2014 First Reading: Referred to Judiciary
02/13/2014 Senator Tomes added second sponsor.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB1009. The bill is presently on the Judiciary schedule for Feb. 19th.
1. Please CALL the chair and the ranking member of the committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to PASS HB1009 so it can get a vote in the full Senate. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email; yours can make the difference.
2. Please CALL all other members of the committee. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB1009. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Senator Douglas Eckerty 800-382-9467
Senator Susan Glick 800-382-9467
Senator Randall Head 800-382-9467
Senator R Michael Young 800-382-9467
Senator Joseph Zakas 800-382-9467
Senator Lonnie Randolph 800-382-9467
Senator John Broden 800-382-9467
Senator Lindel Hume 800-382-9467
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 2-3 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Post a comment below or reach us through our feedback forum to let us know any information you receive.
4. on Twitter? Retweet
— TenthAmendmentCenter (@TenthAmendment) January 27, 2014
Latest posts by William Kennedy (see all)
- Common Core Moving Closer to Repeal in NC with Your Help - June 24, 2014
- North Carolina House Passes Bill to Withdraw from Common Core, 78-39 - June 4, 2014
- Action Alert: South Carolina Hemp Bill Up for House Vote - April 8, 2014