Last year, State Representative Jason Schultz (R-18) introduced a bill that would add safeguards to protect Iowan citizens from unwarranted drone surveillance (learn about it here). HF427 was referred to a Public Safety Sub-Committee where it passed on 02-06-14
STATUS – the next step is a hearing and vote in the full Public Safety Committee.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Iowa you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the Public Safety Chair. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
Clel Baudler – (641) 743.6327
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HF427. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Tom Shaw (712) 841.4296
Bob M. Kressig (515)281-3221
Ako Abdul-Samad: (515)473-4322
Marti Anderson: 515-255-2314
Deborah Berry: (319) 233-9934
Mark Brandenburg: (712) 309-1670
David Dawson: 712.898.5804
Joel Fry: (641) 342.1017
Ruth Ann Gains: (515)281-3221
Greg Heartsill: 641-218-0185
Daniel Huseman: (712)434-5880
Jarad Klein (641) 636.2082
Daniel Muhlbauer: (515)281-3221
Rick Olsen: (515)281-3221
Steven Olson: (563)659-9096
Henry Rayhons (641) 923.2979
Sandy Salmon: 319-987-3021
Tom Sands: (319) 750.1423
Mary Lynn Wolf: (515)281-3221
Gary Worthan: (712) 732.6340
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HF427. It is essential for your legislators to enact measures that protect the privacy rights of IA residents. Passing HF427 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Rhode Island Bill Would Legalize Recreational Marijuana, Nullify Federal Prohibition - February 23, 2017
- Vermont Senate Passes Bill to Expand Medical Marijuana Program, Further Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - February 21, 2017
- Missouri Bill Would Legalize Medical Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - February 17, 2017