Last week, Iowa state Senator Jake Chapman introduced the Fourth Amendment Protection Act. SF2172 would ban the state of Iowa from providing any material support to the NSA and would make unconstitutionally gathered data shared by the spy agency inadmissible in state court. Read more about the bill HERE.
STATUS: Referred to a Senate Judiciary subcommittee on Feb. 17. It will need to pass out of this subcommittee for consideration by the full committee.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW to make sure the legislation has the support it needs to move forward.
1. Call the subcommittee members.Be strong, but respectful. Urge them to support SF2172 and move the bill for consideration in the full committee. If they say they’re opposed, ask them why. If they’re undecided or will not commit to a YES vote, let them know you will be following up in a few days after they have a chance to consider it. A phone call holds as much as 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you get.
3. on Twitter? Retweet
— Nullify NSA (@NullifyNSA) February 13, 2014
4. Write a letter to the editor Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SF2172. Following strong legal principles, it’s essential that Mississippi no longer help the federal government carry out the Affordable Care Act. Passing SF2172 will start that process.
Latest posts by Mike Maharrey (see all)
- Radio Interview: The Texas Gold Depository and Nullifying the Federal Reserve - August 10, 2015
- Radio Interview: Nullification Movement Building Momentum - August 7, 2015
- Nullification In Effect: First Medical Marijuana Dispensary Opens in Nevada - August 4, 2015