On Feb. 11, HB2621 was introduced to nullify the Common Core curriculum in the state of Kansas. (learn more about it here) It was promptly referred to the Education Committee where it will need to be passed by a majority before a vote is taken in the whole House.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Kansas you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the House Education Committee Chair, Kasha Kelley. Strongly, but respectfully urge her to move this important bill forward to a vote in her committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB2621. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Ward Cassidy (R) Vice Chair 785 296-7616
Ed Trimmer (D) Ranking Minority Member 785 296-7122
Sue Boldra (R) 785 296-4683
John Bradford (R) 785 296-7653
Carolyn Bridges (D) 785 296-7646
Diana Dierks (R) 785 296-7642
Willie Dove (R) 785 296-7670
John Ewy (R) 785 296-7105
Shanti Gandhi (R) 785 296-7672
Amanda Grosserode (R) 785 296-7659
Dennis Hedke (R) 785 296-7699
Ron Highland (R) 785 296-7310
Roderick Houston (D) 785 296-7652
Jerry Lunn (R) 785 296-7675
Nancy Lusk (D) 785 296-7651
Kelly Meigs (R) 785 296-7656
Melissa Rooker (R) 785 296-7686
Valdenia Winn (D) 785 296-7657
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB2621. It is essential to keep the educational system from being completely usurped by unaccountable, corrupt federal bureaucrats. Passing HB2621 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- North Carolina Bill Would Legalize Medical Marijuana; Create Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - April 29, 2016
- Michigan Senate Committee Passes Bill to End Common Core After Child’s Compelling Testimony - April 27, 2016
- Louisiana Senate Passes Bill to Start Medical Marijuana Program; Set Stage to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - April 26, 2016