On Feb. 10, SB361 was introduced as the 2nd Health Care Freedom Act for Kansas. It would suspend the licenses of insurance carriers who accept federal subsidies through one of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act’s (PPACA) health insurance Exchanges.
STATUS – referred to the Public Health and Welfare Committee where it will need to be passed by a majority before a vote is taken in the whole Senate.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Kansas you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Mary Pilcher-Cook. Strongly, but respectfully urge her to move this important bill forward to a vote in her committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB361. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Elaine Bowers (R) Vice Chair 785-296-7389
Laura Kelly (D) Ranking Minority Member 785-296-7365
Jim Denning (R) 785-296-7394
David Haley (D) 785-296-7376
Mitch Holmes (R) 785-296-7667
Jacob LaTurner (R) 785-296-7370
Garrett Love (D) 785-296-7359
Michael O’Donnell (R) 785-296-7391
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB361. We must keep the health freedom of KS citizens from being destroyed by the feds. Passing SB361 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- North Carolina House Guts Bill to Nullify EPA Rules on Wood Burning Stoves - June 27, 2016
- South Carolina’s Constitutional Education Requirement in Public Schools in No Guarantee of Effectiveness - June 23, 2016
- Fierce Debate Erupts Over Federal Partnerships and Asset Forfeiture in Oklahoma County Sheriff Race - June 22, 2016