On Jan. 8, HB0076 was introduced to nullify the Common Core curriculum in the state of Maryland. (learn more about it here) It was promptly referred to the Ways and Means Committee where it will need to be passed by a majority before a vote is taken in the whole House.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Maryland you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Sheila E. Hixson. Strongly, but respectfully urge her to move this important bill forward to a vote in her committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB0076. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Frank Turner (D) Vice Chair 301-858-3246
Kathy Afzali (R) 301-858-3288
Kumar Barve (D) 301-858-3464
Joseph Boteler (R) 410-933-3480
Talmadge Branch (D) 410-563-4708
John Cardin (D) 410-841-3833
Mark Fisher (R) 301-858-3231
William C. Frick (D) 301-858-3454
Ron George (R) 410-841-3439
Nina R. Harper (D) 410-841-3486
Carolyn J. B. Howard (D) 301-858-3919
Jolene Ivey (D) 301-858-3478
Anne Kaiser (D) 301-858-3036
Eric G. Luedtke (D) 301-858-3110
Aruna Miller (D) 301-858-3090
LeRoy E. Myers, Jr. (R) 301-858-3321
Andrew A. Serafini (R) 301-858-3447
Melvin Stukes (D) 410-841-3544
Michael Summers (D) 301-858-3340
Jay Walker (D) 301-858-3581
Alonzo T. Washington (D) 301-858-3652
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB0076. It is essential to keep the educational system from being completely usurped by unaccountable, corrupt federal bureaucrats. Passing HB0076 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Missouri Bill Would Legalize Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition - December 12, 2017
- Michigan Bills Would Make It More Difficult To Enact Mandatory Vaccinations - October 30, 2017
- To the Governor: Pennsylvania Unanimously Passes Right to Try Act - October 4, 2017