HB1204, a bill in the Missouri house would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by law enforcement within the state.
STATUS – HB1204 was referred to the Rules Committee on Feb. 3rd and will need to pass by a majority vote before going back to the full house for a vote.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB1204
1. Please CALL the chair and the vice-chair of the committee. Strongly, but politely let them know that you want them to schedule a hearing and PASS HB1204 so it can get a vote in the full House. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email; yours can make the difference.
2. Please CALL all other members of the committee. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB1204. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Cox, Stanley 573-751-9774
Dunn, Randy 573-751-0538
Elmer, Kevin 573-751-3833
Gardner, Kimberly 573-751-1400
Guernsey, Casey 573-751-4285
Lair, Mike 573-751-2917
Leara, Mike 573-751-2150
McNeil, Margo 573-751-5365
Rizzo, John 573-751-3310
Scharnhorst, Dwight 573-751-4392
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Post a comment below or reach us through our feedback forum to let us know any information you receive.
4. Share on social media. Twitter, facebook, tumblr, google plus and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1204. It is essential to take measures to protect the privacy rights of Missouri residents. Passing HB1204 will help make that happen.