On Jan. 8, Sen. Bill Kintner (R-2nd District) authored a bill that ban enforcement of federal gun control measures.
STATUS: LB1030 was referred to the judiciary committee.
02-28: Hearing date and possible vote
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Nebraska you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Brad Ashford. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on LB1030. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Ernie Chambers (I) (402) 471-2612
Mark Christensen (R) (402) 471-2805
Colby Coash (R) (402) 471-2632
Al Davis (I) (402) 471-2628
Steve Lathrop (D) (402) 471-2623
Amanda McGill (D) (402) 471-2610
Les Seiler (I) (402) 471-2712
3. Attend the hearing. Be professional, polite, and respectful. But show an unwavering support for LB1030. Make your position heard!
Friday, February 28, 2014 1:30 p.m
4. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 1-2 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
5. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
6. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for LB1030. It is essential to the safety and the security of NE citizens for the 2nd Amendment to be protected by the state. Passing LB1030 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- 11 and Counting: Virginia Governor Signs “Right to Try” into Law, will Effectively Nullify Some FDA Restrictions on the Terminally-ill - March 27, 2015
- Montana Legislature Passes Bill to Shine Light on Federal/State Partnerships, Goes to Governor to Be Signed Into Law - March 27, 2015
- Florida House Subcommittee Approves Bill to Block Some FDA Restrictions on Terminally-ill - March 27, 2015