HB1620, a bill in the New Hampshire house that would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by law enforcement within the state, was introduced by Rep. Neal Kurk (R-Hillsborough) on Jan. 8. It was promptly referred to the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee.
STATUS: HB1620 was PASSED through committee by a 12-5 vote on Feb. 20! The bill will now be moved to the house where it is likely to receive a full vote soon.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB1620.
1. Call your State Representative. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Rep. to support HB1620. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important to call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your legislator’s contact information by clicking HERE
2. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 2-3 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
3. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
4. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB1620. It is essential for NH citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing HB1620 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- North Dakota Action Alert: Help Nullify Some FDA Restrictions on Terminally Ill Patients, Support SB2259 - February 27, 2015
- Gold and Silver Legal Tender Bill Passes Arizona State Senate Committee, 4-2 - February 27, 2015
- Montana State House Passes Bill to Ban Common Core - February 26, 2015