A1164, a bill in the New Jersey assembly that would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by law enforcement within the state, was introduced by Assemblyman Jack Ciattarelli (R-16) on Jan. 16. It was promptly referred to the Homeland Security and State Preparedness Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before it receives a full vote in the assembly.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support A1164.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Annette Quijano. Strongly, but respectfully urge her to move this important bill forward to a vote in her committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on A1164. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for A1164. It is essential for NJ citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing A1164 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- South Dakota Bills would Legalize Medical Marijuana, Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Effect - February 8, 2016
- Florida Voters to Get Another Opportunity to Legalize Medical Marijuana in 2016 - February 6, 2016
- Oklahoma Action Alert: Help Block Federal Gun Control, Support HB3051 and SB1124 - February 4, 2016