Last year, SB548 was introduced to protect the 2nd Amendment from federal usurpation. (learn more about it here) It was then referred to the Public Safety Committee where it has lied dormant ever since. The bill is still alive during the 2014 legislative session.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Oklahoma you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Don Barrington. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB548. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Kim David (R) Vice Chair (405) 521-5590
Roger Ballenger (D) (405) 521-5588
Larry Boggs (R) (405) 521-5604
Josh Brecheen (R) (405) 521-5586
David Holt (R) (405) 521-5636
Al McAffrey (D) (405) 521-5610
Wayne Shaw (R) (405) 521-5574
Ralph Shortey (R) (405) 521-5557
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 2-3 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB548. It is essential to the safety and the security of OK citizens for their gun rights be protected. Passing SB548 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Darkness in the Sunshine State: Florida Legislature Helps Feds Keep Status Quo - August 23, 2016
- A Disgrace in the Sooner State: 21 Nullification Bills Killed in Republican-Dominated Oklahoma - August 15, 2016
- Republican-Dominated Alabama Legislature Helped Preserve Status Quo in 2016 - August 11, 2016