HB3011, a bill that would legalize industrial hemp for production within the state, was introduced by Del. Mike Manypenny (D-49) on Jan. 9. It was passed through the house and moved to the Senate Judiciary Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before it is voted upon by the full senate.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HB3011.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Corey Palumbo. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB3011. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Gregory Tucker (D) Vice-Chair (304) 357-7906
Robert D. Beach (D) (304) 357-7919
Sam Cann (D) (304) 357-7904
Donald Cookman (D) (304) 357-7980
Rocky Fitzsimmons (D) (304) 357-7918
Daniel Hall (D) (304) 357-7807
Art Kirkendoll (D) (304) 357-7857
Ronald Miller (D) (304) 357-7959
Herb Snyder (D) (304) 357-7957
John R. Unger II (D) (304) 357-7933
Bob Williams (D) (304) 357-7995
Mitch Carmichael (R) (304) 357-7855
Bill Cole (R) (304) 357-7843
Evan Jenkins (R) (304) 357-7956
David Nohe (R) (304) 357-7970
Chris Walters (R) (304) 357-7866
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB3011. It is essential for the economic well-being of WV citizens for the federal ban on industrial hemp to be nullified. Passing HB3011 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Darkness in the Sunshine State: Florida Legislature Helps Feds Keep Status Quo - August 23, 2016
- A Disgrace in the Sooner State: 21 Nullification Bills Killed in Republican-Dominated Oklahoma - August 15, 2016
- Republican-Dominated Alabama Legislature Helped Preserve Status Quo in 2016 - August 11, 2016