SB196, a bill in the Wisconsin legislature that would put severe restrictions on the use of drones by law enforcement within the state, was introduced for the 2013-14 session.
STATUS: SB196 was PASSED on a voice vote by the full senate on Feb. 19. The bill will now go to the Rules Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before it can be moved to the House for a full vote.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support SB196.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Bill Kramer. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB196. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Robin Vos (R) Vice Chair (608) 266-9171
Tyler August (R) (608) 266-1190
Jim Steineke (R) (608) 266-2418
Joan Ballweg (R) (608) 266-8077
John Murtha (R) (608) 266-7683
Mary Williams (R) (608) 266-7506
Peter Barca (D) (608) 266-5504
Sandy Pasch (D) (608) 266-7671
Andy Jorgensen (D) (608) 266-3790
JoCasta Zamarripa (D) (608) 267-7669
Sondy Pope (D) (608) 266-3520
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB196. It is essential for WI citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing SB196 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Wisconsin Legislator Plans to Introduce Raw Milk Bill for 2016 - November 24, 2015
- New Hampshire Committee Approves Bill to Curb “Policing for Profit” via Asset Forfeiture, Federal Loophole Remains - November 17, 2015
- Massachusetts Bill to Facilitate the Production and Distribution of Raw Milk Receives Committee Hearing - November 11, 2015