HB707 was introduced this year to prohibit enforcement of significant portions of Obamacare in Georgia. (learn more about it here) It was passed through the house on Mar. 3 by a 115-59 vote. HB707 has since been referred to the Senate Insurance and Labor Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before the full senate can concur with the house’s decision.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Georgia you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Tim Golden. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB707. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
David Shafer (R) Vice Chair (404) 656-0048
Judson Hill (R) Secretary (404) 656-0150
Charlie Bethel (R) (404) 651-7738
Ed Harbison (D) (404) 656-0074
Burt Jones (R) (404) 656-0082
Joshua McKoon (R) (404) 463-3931
Ronald B. Ramsey, Sr. (D) (404) 463-2598
Renee S Unterman (R) (404) 463-1368
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB707. It is essential to keep the health freedom of GA citizens protected from federal overreach. Passing HB707 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Oklahoma Action Alert: Help Block Federal Gun Control, Support HB3051 and SB1124 - February 4, 2016
- Utah Bill Would Legalize Marijuana for Medicinal Use; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Effect - February 4, 2016
- West Virginia Action Alert: Help Legalize Industrial Hemp, Support HB2807 - January 28, 2016