On Feb. 10, S1332 was introduced to make compliance with federal gun control an arrestable offense in the state of Idaho. (learn about it here) It passed through the senate by a 34-0-1 vote on Feb. 19. It has now been moved to the House State Affairs Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before it is sent to the whole house for a concurrent vote.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Idaho you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the House State Affairs Committee Chair, Thomas F. Loertscher. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bipartisan bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on S1332. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Gayle L. Batt (R) Vice Chair (208) 337-5600
Eric R. Anderson (R) (208) 443-1201
Ken Andrus (R) (208) 776-5380
Lynn M. Luker (R) (208) 375-8254
Brent J. Crane (R) (208) 466-0613
Joe Palmer (R) (208) 887-9488
Kathleen Sims (R) (208) 640-1154
Vito Barbieri (R) (208) 762-3737
James Holtzclaw (R) (208) 284-9542
Shannon McMillan (R) (208) 752-1800
Jason A. Monks (R) (208) 871-7127
Kelley Packer (R) (208) 241-3350
Elaine Smith (D) (208) 237-1462
John Gannon (D) (208) 343-1608
Holli Woodings (D) (208) 724-0939
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for S1332. It is essential to protect firearm rights for ID citizens from unconstitutional federal regulations. Passing S1332 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- On Education, Majority Supports Federalism, Rejects National Control - September 1, 2015
- Rubio and Walker Support Another Version of Obamacare. It’s up to the States to Bring it Down. - September 1, 2015
- California Assembly Committee Passes Bill to Curb ‘Policing for Profit’ via Asset Forfeiture - August 27, 2015