On Mar. 6, SB224 was introduced to nullify Common Core educational standards in the state of Kentucky. (learn more about it here) It was promptly referred to the Education Committee where it will need to pass through a majority before the full senate can vote on it.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Kentucky you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Mike Wilson. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
(502) 564-8100 Ext. 717
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SB224. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Stan Humphries (R) Vice Chair (502) 564-8100 Ext. 870
Walter Blevins Jr. (D) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 793
Joe Bowen (R) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 662
Jared Carpenter (R) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 730
David P. Givens (R) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 624
Denise Harper Angel (D) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 633
Jimmy Higdon (R) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 623
Alice Forgy Kerr (R) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 625
Gerald A. Neal (D) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 718
Katie Stine (R) (502) 564-3120
Reginald Thomas (D) (502) 564-8100 Ext. 608
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SB224. It is essential to keep KY schools from being completely usurped by unaccountable, corrupt federal bureaucrats. Passing SB224 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Wisconsin Legislator Plans to Introduce Raw Milk Bill for 2016 - November 24, 2015
- New Hampshire Committee Approves Bill to Curb “Policing for Profit” via Asset Forfeiture, Federal Loophole Remains - November 17, 2015
- Massachusetts Bill to Facilitate the Production and Distribution of Raw Milk Receives Committee Hearing - November 11, 2015