HF2553, a bill to protect the privacy of Minnesota residents from unwarranted gathering of location data use by government officials, was introduced on Mar. 3. It was promptly referred to the Public Safety Finance and Policy Committee where it will need to pass through a majority before it can be voted upon by the full house.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HF2553.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Michael Paymar. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HF2553. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Paul Rosenthal (DFL) 651-296-7803
Tony Cornish (R) 651-296-4240
Debra Hilstrom (DFL) 651-296-3709
Brian Johnson (R) 651-296-4346
Tim Kelly (R) 651-296-8635
Andrea Kieffer (R) 651-296-1147
John Lesch (DFL) 651-296-4224
Kathy Lohmer (R) 651-296-4244
Joe Mullery (DFL) 651-296-4262
Jim Newberger (R) 651-296-2451
Shannon Savick (DFL) 651-296-8216
Dan Schoen (DFL) 651-296-4342
Steve Simon (DFL) 651-296-9889
Erik Simonson (DFL) 651-296-4246
Linda Slocum (DFL) 651-296-7158
Mark Uglem (R) 651-296-5513
John Ward (DFL) 651-296-4333
Lyndon Carlson Sr. (DFL) 651-296-4255
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HF2553. It is essential for MN citizens to be protected from invasive drone spying. Passing HF2553 will make that happen.
6. Report Back. Tell us how your actions went. Click the button below
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Michigan Bill Would Legalize Marijuana, Help Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - September 25, 2015
- A Tale of Two Farms: Tennessee and Indiana Serve as Case Studies for Nullification of Hemp Prohibition - September 22, 2015
- Republican Betrayal Continues: Arkansas Governor Schemes to Save Obamacare - September 22, 2015