A2719, a bill that would legalize industrial hemp for production within the state, was introduced on Feb. 24 by Rep. Reed Gusciora (D-15). It was referred to the Commerce and Economic Development Committee where it will need to pass through a majority before a vote is taken by the full assembly.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support A2719.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Gordon M. Johnson. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on A2719. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Marlene Caride (D) Vice Chair (201) 943-0615
Daniel R. Benson (D) (609) 631-0198
Anthony Bucco (R) (973) 927-2526
BettyLou DeCroce (R) (973) 265-0057
Gabriela M. Mosquera (D) (856) 232-6700
Raj Mukherji (D) (201) 626-4000
Nancy F. Munoz (R) (908) 918-0414
Sheila Y. Oliver (D) (973) 395-1166
Eliana Pintor Marin (D) (973) 589-0713
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for A2719. It is essential for the economic well-being of NJ citizens for the federal ban on industrial hemp to be nullified. Passing A2719 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Ohio Action Alert: Help Stop Asset Forfeiture, Support HB347 - October 11, 2016
- A Florida City Ordinance Decriminalizes Marijuana, Takes Step Toward Nullifying Prohibition in Practice - September 28, 2016
- Darkness in the Sunshine State: Florida Legislature Helps Feds Keep Status Quo - August 23, 2016