On Feb. 3, HJR1084 was introduced as an amendment to Oklahoma’s state constitution in response to federal overreach of Obamacare. If passed by the House and Senate, Oklahoma residents would have an opportunity to vote to approve the measure as part of the state constitution. It would ban the state from taking any action to help effectuate any part of the affordable care act, as plan that Judge Andrew Napolitano said would “gut Obamacare.”
No agency of the state, or officer or employee of the state, acting on behalf of the state, may engage in an activity that aids any agency in the enforcement of those provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 and any subsequent federal act that amends the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 that exceed the authority of the United States Constitution.
STATUS: HJR1084 has PASSED through the States Rights Committee
It awaits action in the Calendar committee to move to the House floor for consideration
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Oklahoma you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the House Speaker and Majority Floor Leader. These two leaders of the Oklahoma state house have considerable power to get the legislation to a good position on the floor, moving it quickly to a vote so the Senate has time to properly consider it as well. Please call both and very politely express your support for HJR1084. Let them know that you’d like to see HJR1084 moved to the top of the list of bills that the House will be voting on.
Speaker Jeffrey Hickman – (405) 557-7339
Majority Floor Leader Pam Peterson – (405) 557-7341
2. Call your own State Representative. Be strong, but respectful. Urge your State Rep. to support HJR1084. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call them back in a few days. It is important to call because a phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
You can find your legislator’s contact information here: http://www.oklegislature.gov/FindMyLegislature.aspx
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HJR1084. It is essential to keep the health freedom of OK citizens protected from federal overreach. Passing HJR1084 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- To the Governor’s Desk: Delaware Passes Common Core Opt Out Bill - June 26, 2015
- To the Governor’s Desk: North Carolina Right to Try Act would Protect Terminal Patients from some FDA Restrictions - June 24, 2015
- Get Government Out of Marriage: Michigan Bill Would Nullify Both Sides in Practice - June 23, 2015