H4979 was introduced on Mar. 26 to prevent the federal government from commandeering South Carolina officials to aid in the enforcement of Obamacare within the state. (learn more about it here) It was promptly referred to the Labor, Commerce and Industry Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before it can receive a vote by the whole house.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in South Carolina you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Bill Sandifer. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on H4979. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Grady Brown (D) 1st Vice Chair (803) 734-2934
Phillip Lowe (R) 2nd Vice Chair (803) 734-2975
Carl Anderson (D) (803) 734-2933
Todd Atwater (R) (803) 212-6924
Nathan Ballentine (R) (803) 734-2969
Eric Beddingfield (R) (803) 734-2962
Bill Bowers (D) (803) 734-2959
Kris Crawford (R) (803) 734-2992
Shannon Erickson (R) (803) 734-3261
Mike Forrester (R) (803) 212-6792
Mike Gambrell (R) (803) 734-2947
Deborah Long (R) (803) 212-6874
David Mack (D) (803) 734-3192
Joe McEachern (D) (803) 212-6875
Dennis Moss (R) (803) 734-3073
Mike Sottile (R) (803) 212-6880
Mac Toole (R) (803) 734-2973
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for H4979. It is essential to keep the health freedom of SC citizens protected from federal overreach. Passing H4979 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Mississippi Bills Would Take Steps Toward Nullifying Federal Marijuana Prohibition in Effect - January 18, 2018
- West Virginia Bills Would Terminate Common Core in the State - January 15, 2018
- Florida Bill Would Decriminalize Marijuana Possession, Take Step Toward Nullifying Federal Prohibtion - January 11, 2018