S1164 was introduced on Mar. 26 to prevent the federal government from commandeering South Carolina officials to aid in the enforcement of Obamacare within the state. (learn more about it here) It was referred to the Judiciary Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before it can receive a vote by the whole senate.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in South Carolina you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Larry Martin. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on S1164. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Luke A. Rankin (R) (803) 212-6410
C. Bradley Hutto (D) (803) 212-6140
Gerald Malloy (D) (803) 212-6172
Vincent Sheheen (D) (803) 212-6032
Chip Campsen (R) (803) 212-6340
A. Shane Massey (R) (803) 212-6024
Lee Bright (R) (803) 212-6008
Creighton Coleman (D) (803) 212-6032
Shane Martin (R) (803) 212-6100
John L. Scott (D) (803) 212-6124
Chauncey Gregory (R) (803) 212-6024
Karl Allen (D) (803) 212-6040
Sean Bennett (R) (803) 212-6116
Tom Corbin (R) (803) 212-6100
Greg Hembree (R) (803) 212-6016
Kevin Johnson (D) (803) 212-6048
J. Thomas MacElveen (D) (803) 212-6132
Katrina Frye Shealy (R) (803) 212-6108
Paul Thurmond (R) (803) 212-6172
Ross Turner (R) (803) 212-6148
Tom Young (R) (803) 212-6124
J. Marlon Kimpson (D) (803) 212-6056
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for S1164. It is essential to keep the health freedom of SC citizens protected from federal overreach. Passing S1164 will help make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Vermont Action Alert: Help Stop Drone Surveillance, Support S.18 - January 29, 2015
- Alaska Action Alert: Help Legalize Industrial Hemp, Nullify Federal Ban. Support SB8 - January 29, 2015
- Oklahoma Bill Would Ban NSA Activity Called the “Biggest Threat Since the Civil War” - January 28, 2015