HB719 was introduced on Feb. 28 to create a three year prohibition on the implementation of Obamacare within the state of Louisiana. (learn more about it here) It was referred to the Health and Welfare Committee where it will need to pass by a majority before it can receive a vote by the whole house.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! It doesn’t matter where in Louisiana you live, ACT NOW!
1. Call the Committee Chair, Scott Simon. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HB719. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Frank A. Hoffman (R) Vice Chair (318)362-4130
Andy Anders (D) (318)336-5865
Regina Barrow (D) (225)359-9400
Richard Burford (R) (318)925-9588
Kenny Cox (D) (855)844-8583
A.B. Franklin (D) (337)491-2320
Lance Harris (R) (318)767-6095
Kenneth Havard (R) (225)634-7470
Bob Hensgens (R) (337)893-5035
Dorothy Sue Hill (D) (800)259-2118
Katrina Jackson (D) (318)362-5123
Bernard LeBas (D) (337)363-0152
Jay Morris (R) (318)362-4270
Rogers Pope (R) (225)667-3588
Julie Stokes (R) (504)468-8603
Lenar Whitney (R) (985)858-2970
Patrick Williams (D) (318)676-5990
Thomas Wilmott (R) (504)465-3479
Chuck Kleckley (R) Ex Officio (337)475-3016
Walt Leger (R) Ex Officio (504)556-9970
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HB719. It is essential to keep the health freedom of LA citizens protected from federal overreach. Passing HB719 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- New Michigan Law Helps Terminally Ill Patients, Nullifies Some FDA Restrictions - November 17, 2014
- The States are in Charge on Marijuana, not the Feds - November 17, 2014
- Georgia Okra Raid Was Started by a Federal, Not State, Program - November 3, 2014