HF3173, a bill that would ban government officials from obtaining the personal identifying information of individuals without a warrant in Minnesota, was introduced on Mar. 19 by Rep. John Lesch (DFL-66B). It was promptly referred to the Public Safety Finance and Policy Committee where it will need to pass through a majority before it can be voted upon by the whole house.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS – It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, please follow all these steps to support HF3173.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Michael Paymar. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on HF3173. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Paul Rosenthal (DFL) 651-296-7803
Tony Cornish (R) 651-296-4240
Debra Hilstrom (DFL) 651-296-3709
Brian Johnson (R) 651-296-4346
Tim Kelly (R) 651-296-8635
Andrea Kieffer (R) 651-296-1147
John Lesch (DFL) 651-296-4224
Kathy Lohmer (R) 651-296-4244
Joe Mullery (DFL) 651-296-4262
Jim Newberger (R) 651-296-2451
Shannon Savick (DFL) 651-296-8216
Dan Schoen (DFL) 651-296-4342
Steve Simon (DFL) 651-296-9889
Erik Simonson (DFL) 651-296-4246
Linda Slocum (DFL) 651-296-7158
Mark Uglem (R) 651-296-5513
John Ward (DFL) 651-296-4333
Lyndon Carlson Sr. (DFL) 651-296-4255
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for HF3173. It is essential for MN citizens to have their privacy rights be more fully protected. Passing HF3173 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Missouri Bill Would Legalize Medical Marijuana; Foundation to Nullify Federal Prohibition in Practice - February 17, 2017
- West Virginia Bill Would End Common Core Within the State - February 13, 2017
- Michigan Bills Would Withdraw the State from Common Core - February 10, 2017