On Mar. 21, SF2852 was introduced to protect the 2nd Amendment from federal usurpation in Minnesota. (learn more about it here) It was promptly referred to the Judiciary Committee where it will need to pass through a majority before it can be voted on by the whole senate.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Minnesota you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Ron Latz. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SF2852. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Barb Goodwin (DFL) Vice Chair 651-296-4334
Warren Limmer (R) Ranking Minority Member 651-296-2159
Bobby Joe Champion (DFL) 651-296-9246
Kari Dziedzic (DFL) 651-296-7809
Dan D. Hall (R) 651-296-5975
Scott J. Newman (R) 651-296-4131
Kathy Sheran (DFL) 651-296-6153
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SF2852. It is essential to the safety and the security of MN citizens for their gun rights be protected. Passing SF2852 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- South Carolina’s Constitutional Education Requirement in Public Schools in No Guarantee of Effectiveness - June 23, 2016
- Fierce Debate Erupts Over Federal Partnerships and Asset Forfeiture in Oklahoma County Sheriff Race - June 22, 2016
- Signed by the Governor: Louisiana Approves Medical Marijuana Bill to Shield Patients and Caregivers from Prosecution - June 13, 2016