On Mar. 21, SF2854 was introduced to start the process of protecting Minnesota residents from the indefinite detention provisions of the NDAA. (learn more about it here) It was promptly referred to the Judiciary Committee where it will need to pass by a majority vote before the full Senate can consider it.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW. It doesn’t matter where in Minnesota you live, take these actions today.
1. Call the Committee Chair, Ron Latz. Strongly, but respectfully urge him to move this important bill forward to a vote in his committee. A phone call has 10x the impact of an email.
2. Call the rest of the committee members. Again, be strong, but respectful. Urge each of them to take action to move the bill forward and vote YES on SF2854. If they do not commit to a YES vote, ask them why. If they’re undecided, let them know you’ll call back in a few days.
Barb Goodwin (DFL) Vice Chair 651-296-4334
Warren Limmer (R) Ranking Minority Member 651-296-2159
Bobby Joe Champion (DFL) 651-296-9246
Kari Dziedzic (DFL) 651-296-7809
Dan D. Hall (R) 651-296-5975
Scott J. Newman (R) 651-296-4131
Kathy Sheran (DFL) 651-296-6153
3. Call Back – any NO or UNDECIDED – in 3-4 days. Ask if they’ve had a chance to review the legislation and what their opposition might be. Comment below or contact us at http://ask.tenthamendmentcenter.com with any information you get.
4. SHARE this information widely. By facebook, twitter, email, and more.
5. Write a letter to the editor. Look up your local newspaper and submit a letter to the editor voicing your support for SF2854. It is essential to keep MN citizens protected from the horrors of federal kidnapping. Passing SF2854 will make that happen.
Latest posts by Shane Trejo (see all)
- Wisconsin Legislator Plans to Introduce Raw Milk Bill for 2016 - November 24, 2015
- New Hampshire Committee Approves Bill to Curb “Policing for Profit” via Asset Forfeiture, Federal Loophole Remains - November 17, 2015
- Massachusetts Bill to Facilitate the Production and Distribution of Raw Milk Receives Committee Hearing - November 11, 2015